Sanctuary Doors, with the shelter and the pillar
Iconography: Half-doors of Holy Gates
Date: XVI century. Second half of the XVIth century
Origin: were deposited in 1961 from AOKM. Allegedly were removed in 1910 from the church of Nativity of the Mother of God in the village of Ludy in the Archangelsk eparchial archives where in their turn they were depositd from Unsky suburb
Material: Wood, canvas, levkas, tempera
Dimensions: height 176 cm, width 47, 5 cm
Two-leaved doors with the depiction of the Annunciation scene and the four evangelists. The oval upper part of the doors with the keeled top and transparent holes in the lower part. On the shelter are shown the depictions o Eucharist and two seraphs; on the lower protrusions are full-lngth depicitons of reverend Zosimus and Sabbatius of Solovki; on the pillar – Our Lady and the seraph (on the top), saint Gregory the Theologian and Nicholas the Wonderworker, archdeacons Philip and Polyectus.
Registration number ДРЖ-260-261. © State Museum Association «Art Culture of the Russian North»
Иконы Русского Севера. Шедевры древнерусской живописи Архангельского музея изобразительных искусств. М., 2007. Т. 1. № 59. С. 304-311.