Holy Gates – doors, pillars, canopy
Date: XVII century. Ca. 1647
Iconographic school/art center: North of Russia (Pudozshky krai, the village of Tubozero).
Icon-painter: Ignaty Panteleev (?)
Origin: From the Church of the Ascension and the Prophet Elijah, the Ilyinsky Pogost on Lake Vodlozero, Pudozhsky district, the Republic of Karelia.
Material: Wood, tempera
Dimensions: height створки 159, столбики 130, сень 42 cm, width створки 38, столбики 12, сень 104,5 cm
The Annunciation scene is painted in the upper part of the doors. Below stand the full-length figures of the hierarchs. In the upper part of the pillars are the figures of Jesus Christ and the Mother of God. Below are the figures of Sts. George, Nicholas the Wonderworkers, archdeacons Laurentius and Stephan. On the canopy, against the heavenly vault with the lamps supported by angels, is an image of the Savior Not Made by Hands.
Inv. № -1527, И-1274, И-1264,И-1265, И-1252. © Republic of Karelia Museum of Fine Arts